Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A cheesy 80's love song

Ok, despite the sappy cheesy factor of this I am going to publish this post simply because I love my husband I don't really care what anyone thinks about the way in which I express it! =)

Yesterday as I was getting ready to go to my first follow up appointment since my surgery, I was listening to a local station that plays lots of old 80's music and the first song that came on was Chicago's "You're The Inspiration". Ok, I haven't heard this song since I was single, 7 1/2 years ago. I remember hearing this song and others like it when I was single and thinking "it would be nice to find the kind of love that would make a song like that really have some meaning". I fairly seriously dated two other guys before Jimmy and whenever I heard a "love" song on the radio when I was dating them I would think "I am sure I am supposed to feel some sort of love like that for _____, but I don't"..... I guess that is why in the end it never worked out with those other guys because in the end there was not real lasting love for those people. Ok, no love at all, ever really.

Enter Jimmy, from the very first time we hung out I was smitten with him. He was polite and unassuming. He wasn't intimidated by me and didn't try too hard to cater to my every whim (every guy up to this point that I had been around either was intimidated by me or would work way to hard to impress me by trying to give me everything I wanted and I HATED that). Jimmy was different, he was just himself. Confident and kind, REAL! I LOVED that about him. He had no pretenses and was comfortable being who he was. He didn't feel the need to impress me, and in turn, he impressed me.

I will never forget one weekend, sitting with him and talking... I was looking at him and suddenly it hit my like a ton of bricks, "this is it, I am never going to find another man this wonderful, ever".... I guess that afternoon sealed the deal for me. Sure am glad he felt the same!! =)

Now here I am listening to this song and suddenly I am REALLY hearing the words and thinking... WOW, this cheesy 80's song couldn't have better described our love. Cheesy, sappy, call it what you will, I don't care!

Love you JZ, I know it won't be hard for you to picture me singing this with an "air microphone".... (soo glad you love me even though I can be such a nerd)

Chicago, "You're The Inspiration"

You know our love was meant to be
the kind of love that lasts forever
And I want you here with me
from tonight until the end of time.
You should know, everywhere I go
Always on my mind, in my heart
in my soul..baby

You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin':
No one needs you more than I need you.

And I know, yes I know that it's plain to see
So in love when we're together.
Now I know that I need you here with me
From tonight until the end of time.
You should know, everywhere I go
Always on my mind you're in my heart in my soul.

Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin':
No one needs you more than I need you.

You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin':
No one needs you more than I need you.
When you love somebody 'til the end of time

No comments: