Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Six years ago yesterday...

Six years ago yesterday my life was changed FOREVER! Jimmy and I sat quietly at a park a few minutes from his apartment and tried to eat some Sonic for lunch. A pregnancy test from CVS sat in Jimmy's black BMW waiting for us. We knew it was there and knew that going back to his apartment meant taking it so we stalled. After a bite here and there and sporadic conversation we left. At his apartment I took the test and then just went and laid on the bed. He wouldn't let me look, so after a few minutes he came back with a hard to discern look on his face. I could not for the life of me figure out if the look said "pregnant or not pregnant", "one pink line or two pink lines".... Well long story short, I never saw the test but I can hear the results playing in the backyard as I type this. She is an incredible five year old who has no idea that the day her mommy and daddy found out she was on the way we were stunned and shocked yet somehow calm and peaceful knowing life had just thrown them a huge curve ball that would seal their relationship forever.

Jimmy and I had only dated a short time when Anna was on the way but I can tell you this, you won't often find two people as madly in love, as passionate for the same things and as best of friends as some who have dated for years. Take tonight for instance Jimmy is at his class for the CFA... and I miss him so much. I miss that we didn't get to have our usual dinner together and talk and tell each other about our days and laugh as the children entertain us. I miss not getting to sit here with him right now making plans for the weekend and watching the children play in the backyard. I've already gotten at least six phone calls from him at work and on the way to class just to talk and tell me he misses me and can't wait to be home. When someone is your best friend, you never run out of something to talk about and laugh about and just enjoy life with. That is why we both had peace that day six years ago. We LOVED being around each other and now suddenly we were gonna be around each other a LOT more! =)

So here we sit, six years later, four children later... that's a lot of children for six years... =) and happier now than we even thought possible back then. I remember when Jimmy and I married on May 7, 2004, he asked me if I thought it was possible to be any happier or more in love than we were that day? I didn't think it was but I was wrong. We have a deeper stronger love than ever.

Oh and as for the results of the test. She just ran in asking for a kiss on her finger that she smashed on the swing set. Then after a kiss she hugged me and told me she loved me and ran back out again. Life is full of sweet surprises!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Oh Tarrah -
That's got to be one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard! I've seen you two together and it's obvious, he's crazy about you!
You ARE blessed and isn't our God amazingly faithful?
Thank you for revealing this precious love story.