Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Granola


It seems like about every two weeks I'm back in the kitchen making this granola. I try not to feed the children any boxed cereal since it is so bad for you (read over processed). So, I make my own granola that they can eat as cereal. They love it and I feel good about giving them something I made and I know is good for them... it's a win win!! Added bonus, Jimmy LOVES it... which is probably why I have to make two more batches every two weeks! =) Granola is so easy for breakfast... especially when the children don't want oatmeal right now as the weather is getting warmer.

So as far as recipe goes... well I just use what I have in my cabinets at the time with a base of oats.

Oats with:
sunflower seeds
unsweetened coconut
almonds
raisins
sesame seeds
walnuts
pecans
ETC, ETC!!

I usually add a little cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla for spice and raw honey for sweetness (raisins help the sweetness too)! Stir in some butter or coconut oil, bake at 300 for 25 minutes, let set for an hour or so to dry out good and there you have it... Granola!

No comments: