Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brothers

Last night we went to dinner and opened an envelope that gave us the news that has really changed my perspective over the last 24 hours. I had my standard 20 week (technically 19 week) ultrasound Friday morning and asked the technician to put a little picture with the words boy or girl on it into an envelope so we could all look at it as a family later that night.

We got to dinner and could hardly think about ordering we were all so excited to get the news. As soon as the last order was taken Jimmy anxiously asked where I was hiding the news. He looked first and I looked next. Not that we would have been upset if the words read 'girl' but we were both thrilled that it said 'BOY'!!! We had really hoped that this new little one would be a boy so Ben could have a playmate so close in age!

Now for the change in perspective. Over the last 24 hours I have really been letting the news sink in... two little boys.. 13 months apart. Sometimes I feel scared, I envision two little boys climbing up the side of the staircase in our home... I envision them trying to jump from the top floor landing to the foyer below... and as my heart nearly stops I suddenly see them running outside on the two acres we now have with our new home, I see them fishing in our new pond, I see them catching frogs (EEWWW), playing basketball, hitting golf balls to the back pond, playing catch with daddy, exploring, and just being little and someday big boys together and I laugh! I laugh because just one short year ago I was trying to get used to the idea of having ONE little boy. I was a little scared because I only had two girls and I just couldn't imagine what I would do with a little boy. Now, I am the mother of TWO boys. My how one year can change things. It's a good thing I am madly and incredibly in love with the amazing little man I had last June and now I get to have another one in July! I am such a blessed mommy!

My two sons! WOW!!!!!!

No comments: