Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Waiting, waiting

Ok, so even though I was on bed rest at one point in this pregnancy to keep Ben in longer he is still not here even though we are only days away from his due date. I am beyond grateful that he is still growing strong and getting bigger every day but as of the last few days I have really started to have this extreme urge to hold him and love on him. I remember getting this just days before Serene was born too!

Anyway, in the midst of waiting Anna has also grown impatient wondering when her brother is ever going to make his debut. We told her the day we found out we were pregnant so she has been waiting just as long as us which must seem like an eternity to a 4 1/2 year old. Here are a few of the funny things she has said to me over the last days/weeks regarding his arrival:

*As I am getting dressed and she sees my huge belly: "WHOA MOM, it looks like Ben is going to pop right out of there"

*Said by her every day for the last 3 weeks: "I think Ben is coming in 3 days"
(I guess she will get it right one of these days)

*Said referring to our friends who have already had their babies but she doesn't understand were due way before me: "Mom, why has everyone else already had their babies and God has not given us our baby yet?"

*Said because I always call the girls my little blessings: "Mom aren't you ready to have your 3rd blessing yet?"

The answer to that question is YES, I am soooo ready to have my 3rd blessing... we are waiting baby Ben... please come meet us very soon!!!

No comments: