Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just some Wednesday "randomness"

At this very moment it is unusually quiet in my house. Anna is playing on the computer, Serene is watching her play, Ben is sleeping and Rivers is quietly sitting in his bouncy chair. Although we have four small children I am finding this quiet time is more and more frequent in the afternoons and I am trying to take advantage of those moments. At first I would use those moments to get tons of work done but lately I realizing that sitting down and just taking a break seems to be much more wise. I need time to rest or even just browse some of my favorite blogs! I'm proud of myself for learning that "sitting down on the job" is ok!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This hot weather has worn out its welcome and needs to hit the road. I'm so done with it. Bring on the pumpkins, changing leaves and football!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rivers is now 6 weeks old and I have to say it has to be the fastest six weeks ever. He is growing so fast and is just a joy to be around. He is NOT sleeping good in his own bed right now due to a little stuffy nose and fever that makes it hard to nurse, and hard to sleep comfortably. BUT, he is sleeping happily and comfortably propped up on my arm right next to mommy! Being propped up lets him sleep better and being next to mommy is very comforting for mommy and baby! I LOVE sleeping with my babies! He is such a precious and happy baby. He is very alert and loves to look at things with bold shapes and he loves the fan. We all enjoy him so much. He smiled for the first time the other day and melted my heart!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so grateful for the people in my life who encourage me in the best and most important job in the world! Thanks so much to ladies like my amazing mother, Pat C., Debi C., and Nancy C. who lead by example for younger moms. I need each of you in my life!

No comments: