Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Monday, August 2, 2010

Divide and conquer

One thing we have quickly discovered now that we have four children is the benefit of divide and conquer type parenting! This is how is works... Jimmy takes two and I take two... brilliant huh? =) It's a simple plan that works like a charm. Now reality is that Anna is not really one that needs much tending to. BUT still the divide and conquer plan has saved us a few times already. It is hard work to have three children ages 2 1/2 and under but it is so worth it.

Just yesterday I was upstairs reading books to the oldest three and holding baby Rivers. As they all three sat in front of me right in a row I thought... WOW, these are all mine, all these beautiful little people looking up at me with little eyes waiting for approval, seeking my attention and needing me to get through this season of life. I'm certainly overwhelmed by it all but I'm also filled with an amazing gratefulness for how blessed I really am.

Children are such a blessing of amazing proportions.

No comments: