Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Camping"






This past weekend we went "camping". It was not real tent camping but it was at a camp! =) I subscribe to a WONDERFUL magazine called Above Rubies that is all about encouragement for moms in the highest calling of motherhood! The incredible women (Nancy Campbell) who writes the magazine as a ministry to moms speaks at retreats all over the country (and world). Last year we wen to the Texas retreat and had such an amazing time that we went back this year. Serene and I went to hear Nancy speak while Jimmy and Anna fished, played on the AWESOME playgorund, hiked, flew a kite, played basketball, etc. We all came home feeling refreshed and renewed! It is always great for me to spend time meeting and talking with other moms that are like-minded and as for Jimmy and Anna those two would be happy to live outside! They both had a blast being outdoors for 3 straight days!

I am glad to be home BUT in a way I wish everyday was like this weekend!

1 comment:

BraggFam said...

I have heard of it. A friend from oklahoma was involved in it. Let me know how to get the subscription, and any events they may have coming up.