Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Saturday, March 9, 2013

So busy

I looked at my blog and was shocked to see I hadn't blogged in almost a month.... Wow! Then I remembered that we have had constant construction going on in our house for that entire month. The house has been totally turned upside down. While I am loving the projects going on I have to say I will be so glad when our house is ours again. There has been one group of workers here every single week day (and some weekends) for an entire month.

We are close, so very close to having it all done and when it's done I will be excited to post lots of pictures of befores and afters! So many beautiful changes... Our house seems to be becoming our own. It's always a beautiful feeling making your house into a home and a cozy warm inviting place for family to gather and memories to be made.

I love how Jimmy really gets how important the making of the home is to me (and is to most moms). It's just something innate in my soul to want a beautiful, restful place of peace for our family to exist and thrive. He has been so excited to see these projects accomplished for me! Love him!

I'm so grateful to have my five incredible children to raise in this house. To watch them spend hours playing side by side, learning about life and each other and their world. To see them accomplish today's small tasks like potty training and learning to read and writing their name for the first time. To anticipate the day when their tasks become things like, learning to drive and going off to college. It all happens too soon and too fast but for now I'm just so glad we have each other and these moments to enjoy and cherish and incredible memories to be made. This house already holds so many and will hold so many more as the years roll by. Love this life!!!

No comments: