Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unplugging

Lately I've been sensing a change needing to be made... Something stirring in my soul. I needed to break free, but from what? I couldn't really pin down the exact thing that needed to change but I was about to come unglued if something didn't give.

I suddenly realized it... It was all just too much noise. WAY too much Facebook, way too much Pinterest, even too much Instagram, generally too much smart phone....Just downright too much stuff bombarding my mind. None of it necessarily bad just taking up my time and using my brain space.

So, for now, I'm saying goodbye to those things. Just putting them down and refocusing on old fashioned things like books, books for me, books read to my children, sitting and just chatting with my family, just trying to do simplicity, embrace simplicity and attempting to just enjoy simplicity.

Simplicity - "simplicity can be used to imply beauty, purity, or clarity"

Clarity... Yes, I'll take some of that please! :)

No comments: