Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for

It is likely an obvious list but I feel that it needs to be written.... Never a moment when you can be too grateful..

1. My husband, who always sees the very best in me, no matter what. Who always encourages me to keep going when I want to quit. Who believes in my goals and hopes and dreams. Who loves watching my lip- synching... No matter how cheesy (his current favorite, Rollin In The Deep, Adele). Who makes me laugh til I cry. Who can stay calm through ANYTHING and who has been my rock through a tough year of waiting on news about our Serene.

We are the perfect match.... I love every second we spend together... Especially the ones with him begging me to do another round of "Rollin In The Deep"!!! :)

2. Anna, my serious, smart child who knows how to love deeply and finds joy in small everyday things. She wants to try anything new, hates watching more than 30 minutes of TV a day and loves to play with her little brothers and sister. This, my first child, is a joy beyond words to me. She is blossoming into such an amazing little lady and is a front toothless beauty!

3. Serene, full of joy and kindess, this little caretaker is our family nurse! She makes and gives cards to all those she knows.... An encourager at heart! She never meets a stranger and will engage anyone we meet in a lengthy conversation about life with 2 brothers, a big sister and another baby sister on the way! Wanna know anything, just ask.... She will tell you!

4. Ben, where to begin. The MOST intnese child I have ever seen. Incredibly athleticly skilled even at 2 1/2 years old. A champion wrestler, golfer and baseball player. Wanna see a future tour swing, watch this guy hit the golf ball... Amazing! He loves to play games, "sing" songs with animal sounds, do puzzles, read books and watch shows. He ADORES his big sister Anna, loves to follow Serene around and finds no greater joy than wrestling his brother in a choke hold! (yikes) He gives the biggest hugs and kisses. He is a total 100% Daddys boy. He sticks to Jimmy like glue, copies EVERYTHING daddy does and admires his dad intensely. He throws the most massive trantrums and gets the most excited you have ever seen over a tiny lizzard.... Like I said.. This guy is intense!!!

5. Rivers, OH MY GOODNESS, ever since this guy learned to walk 6 months ago I haven't stopped.... He is on the go every second he is not sleeping. He can climb anything and does. He loves dirt, sand, grass, mud... What can I say, he is one with nature... I mean his name is Rivers! He has a hysteric laugh and is fully entertained by his 3 older siblings. He doesn't ever need mommy.... Unless he is being wrestled into the Ben choke hold and suddenly he is transformed back to a needy infant who needs mommy to hold him... I cherish those fewer and further between moments of that sweet head on my shoulder and those sweet words of "mama mama"! He loves to run, hit anything with a stick and eats enough for 3 people!

6. Patience, I don't know her yet... Not really but oh how I love her. The first little girl in 4 years. The need for pink has come again. We can't wait to all love on her and cherish our new family member. For now though I am enjoying my own world with her... Her little kicks, and movements remind me what a real a special person she already is!

I am thankful for the joy my family brings. I love each one of them dearly and I am so grateful God put each one of them in my life!! What immense blessings!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments: