Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Houston



Over the last several months Anna and I have had the chance to travel with Jimmy to Houston for business. Originally he covered the Chicago branches but was blessed in January to get the Houston branches. (He's a financial planner CFP). At first I was not thrilled because I thought Houston sucked... then I realized that all I had ever seen of Houston were the run down awful parts of it... now I have discovered an entirely new city... I love that place! Jimmy's branches are down in the Highland Village/Memorial area... basically the areas surrounding the Houston Galleria. They have amazing shopping, amazing restaurants and a FANTASTIC childrens museum....all of which pale in comparison to their best feature, their trees. They have HUGE trees that remind you of being up north somewhere in the New Hampshire/Mass. area.

If you go to Houston and have a child between about 2-10 you must visit the Children's museum... it's in the museum district (novel), very near Rice. I also highly recommend the St. Regis Hotel on San Felipe and for a fun 12am adventure try House of Pies on Kirby Ln. It has been there since the 60's and it is the quintessential diner. Not the cheesy 50's juke box stuff either. You can get breakfast all day, great sandwhiches like the old school patty melt and of course FANTASTIC pies of any variety you can think of.... plus the reason Jimmy and I love it best, it's open 24 hours a day... we are late night people and of course so is our 2 1/2 year old!!

Also, while we are talking Houston, I guess I should give a shout out to The Woodlands area. Everyone raves about it and I like it as well... although in most ways it is just Southlake with much taller trees. They have a great mall with a huge carousel that of course Anna couldn't get enough of. It is only $1 a ride (moms ride free) and made a great memory for Anna.

Ok, so lest you think my ravings about Houston mean that I am going to pack up my family and move, think again! I love Dallas/Fort Worth.... I love being close to our my famiies, I love the friends we have here, I love my beautiful home and of course if a craving strikes a 2am there is always Cafe Brazil!


Pics: Anna on the carousel, Anna with her face painted from the museum

No comments: