Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Baby girls

Yesterday I had to give the little girls a mid day bath due to them deciding to cover themselves head to toe in marker. Haha!! Anyway, during the bath Patience told Eva that they were going to dress up as ballerinas after the bath and do a ballet show. This alone melts my heart as I just love children and their precious ideas. Much less a sweet little 3 year old girl wanting to do a dancing show for her family. Just too sweet.

So after the bath Patience dressed she and Eva and took them upstairs to get ready for the show. Finally after a little while we were all called up there and it was show time. 

Patience wanted all the lights out and I used my phone as not only a spot light but for music. The song she chose, her birthday video song, You Are My Sunshine. So for the next 3 minutes my baby girls danced and twirled around the room to a song whose words could not better describe my feelings towards all my kids.... 

You are my sunshine 
My only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey

I had one of those out of body experiences in that moment... Looking down on the room at all of us and thinking soak this moment in, soak every second of it in... They will grow up so fast. So, I did. I watched and clapped and sang and adored and cried and cheered. I would freeze them at this age if I could. Carefree and feeling like the whole world is about doing a "ballet show" in your tutu with your sister and your whole family cheering you on. 

I can't say enough how much I love my life and how privileged I feel to live it. 

No comments: