Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My little man

I had the rare privilege tonight of holding my Ben while he fell asleep. This was something I GOT to do nearly every night until baby brother was born and then suddenly Ben just started snuggling up in the bed and falling to sleep all on his own.... As if he knew he was the big brother now and wanted to be a big boy! ;)

Tonight however, sweet Rivers was already asleep and so my big boy crawled over to me (he usually sleeps next to daddy) but daddy was studying in the living room).... Soooo who got to hold her big boy??? ME!!! What a blessing to me that was! My big strong guy who barely has two seconds to sit still these days let mommy hold him while he fell asleep! I LOVE holding my babies to sleep and love even more having them sleep right next to me all night long! I am so grateful for the first year I got to spend with my little Ben sleeping right next to me... Moments I can never get back and I am so grateful I got while I could! Babies grow so fast and the ones who wanted you to hold them every second suddenly don't have time to sit and be held. Those moments are so fleeting and must be cherished! I will never understand these silly philosophies about holding babies too much or leaving them to cry alone in a bed, or not rocking them to sleep for fear of spoiling them or not teaching them independence.... It makes no sense to me. I want every minute I can to cherish my babies.... Not see how quick I can get them sleeping alone in their own space... So I can have mine. Jimmy and I will never regret our decision to be the "weird" cosleeping family that we are... Maybe we're hippies, maybe we're just crazy but we are so happy we didn't waste even a minute of those precious few months you get to cuddle and snuggle and love on little babies..... Soon enough they get on the move and poof... The time is gone.

Oh and as for independence being lacking in babies like mine...raised on cosleeping...well I hope they are never independent... I hope they learn that they can do nothing apart from Christ! Independence is not something for a Christian to attain to. I hope my children get that!

So at the end of this Sunday I am so grateful my little man still wants to crawl up in mommas lap and fall asleep. Precious moments with precious children!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments: