Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This past weekend




A quick overview of this past weekend... Friday night was a relaxing dinner on the patio at Central Market. Anna loves to go there because of the playground. Jimmy and I love it because of the food and Serene just loves anyplace that mommy is at.

Saturday morning I had brunch with my friend Lauren from high school who was in town from Houston. She is 20+ weeks pregnant and has the cutest tiny little baby belly ever! This is their first baby! YAY for babies!!

Saturday afternoon was spent at a birthday party at Going Bonkers in Lewisville.... OK, the name says it all. It was BONKERS! =) It is this HUGE indoor play structure that is actually pretty neat on a 100+ degree day in Texas. Much better than attempting to play outside and get heat stroke. (see picture of play structure... if you look closely you can see Anna and Jimmy)

Sunday morning Jimmy made us Kirby Lane Apple Wheat Pancakes. Kirby Lane is this breakfast place Jimmy liked in Austin back in his UT days. They sell their mixes in the restaurants and now they sell them at Central Market too... which is where we got ours.

We rounded off the weekend on Sunday at my parents house swimming. We made pizzas and the guys watched the PGA championship. (see picture of Serene at mom and dads house in her swimsuit she inherited from Reese Holsinger)

2 comments:

Mary Margaret said...

I LOVE kerbey lane pancakes!! they're just so good... there's one really close to my apartment and I've been a few times. I've never tried the apple wheat pancakes, but I'll have to next time I go! :)

lindsayloo said...

Fun!! Did you take a picture of Lauren?? I want to see the baby belly. =)
I was just by that place in Lewisville... may have to check it out. Is it good for Reese's age?