Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Friday, July 4, 2008

Early July 4th (3rd) at mom and dads house









We spent the afternoon and evening at mom and dads house for an early holiday celebration yesterday. We cooked out, went swimming and topped off the night fireworks in Southlake!

We started the afternoon by opening the July 4th gifts my Aunt Toni sent the girls... what fun!! Anna got red and white Crocs and Serene got tiny red flip flops and an adorable white hat that said "My First Fourth"... sooo cute! Anna went crazy over her gifts and I went crazy over Serene's on behalf of her! A BIG THANK YOU to Aunt Toni for thinking of such a fun idea for the holiday. OH and we love the flag napkins and plates!!!

It is tradition for mom to make a flag cake which is a cake with white icing and strawberries and blueberries place on it to look like a flag. This year instead of making it for Anna she started a new tradition of letting Anna ice it with her and put on the fruit. They had so much fun making it and we all had fun eating it! Thanks to mom for doing special things like this for Anna ... I know the memories will last a lifetime!

One little sidenote... when we were busy getting things ready for dinner I took my eyes off Serene for a moment and when I did I found her under moms coffee table.... I had to get a picture and then Anna got under their with her and we got another picture of that! So much fun!!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

The girls are adorable!! I love Serenes flip flops!!

Jess said...

I love Serene's outfit!