Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pondering my mommy moments


I don't know if it's the rainy morning or just being pregnant but I am feeling very emotional today thinking about that fact that my days with just my precious Anna are coming to an end. PLEASE don't get me wrong, I am thrilled beyong description to have my new little girl Serene on the way... but there is a bit of sadness in my heart when I think of the precious one on one time my Anna and I have spent together over the last almost 3 years coming to a close.

I have always been a stay at home mom, and purposed not to have lots of other activities to consume our days together. Our days have been each other.... first it was just sitting and nursing and cuddling, then soon enough I was chasing a wobbly toddler across the house, then it was coloring together, reading together, and playdough. Now it's putting away dishes together (she does all the plastic stuff and silverware.... all by herself I might add) as we sing a song or she tells me one of her wild stories of when she was in high school (she has heard Jimmy and I talk about being in high school so now she talks about it too...usually she tells me how she didn't like high school and I agree I didn't like it much either and we get a good laugh out of that!!) =) Anyway.... back to my original point... sorry... it's those moments she and I have had over the last 2+ years that will forever live in my heart as the most precious time in my life EVER! Our naps, snuggled together in mommy and daddys bed, just resting in the quiet of the afternoon, having this feeling that life doesn't get much better than this. And every single morning when she gets out of bed, she comes to find me wherever I am in the house and we sit and I just hold her for 10, 15 sometimes 20 minutes, I ask her how she is and every morning she says "great" and those are about all the words we say... mainly I just hold her and snuggle and try to capture that moment like a photograph in my heart.

I know these moments will not end all together BUT I do remember what it is like to have a newborn and that life changes A LOT.... so I am not naive enough to think things will remain the same. However, my mom always tells me that change is a good thing, it means new things are happening and life is progressing as it should. It's true and I can't wait to bring little Serene into this incredible life we live together. For now though, I am going to soak in every moment with Anna and lock each one in my heart!

2 comments:

Jess said...

So sweet! Anna is very blessed to have such a loving Mommy! Yes having 2 will be different but when you see them together laughing and playing it will melt your heart!

lindsayloo said...

Tarr! you made me cry!!